Why should you get pedicures regularly?July 28, 2022
Simple tips to extend the life of your manicureAugust 9, 2022
We all depend on our feet to support us walking, running and even just standing. Wearing open toed shoes, such as; sandals and flip-flops, increases our chances of heel cracking. This is because our feet are being exposed to the outside elements drying the skin out. Dry skin causes the skin to split and crack. This can be very unpleasant if left untreated. Not wearing sandals all the time is easier said than done. So here are a few ways to help prevent dry cracking heels at home between your pedicure appointments!
- Moisturizing your feet at the end of the day.
- Soaking your feet in a warm epsom salt foot bath weekly.
- Adding a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil into your weekly foot bath will add a moisturizing effect and will greatly help.
- Exfoliating your feet in the shower with a sugar scrub or pumice stone.
- Wearing shoes with enough support.
If you are looking for the complete treatment of crack heels and how to resolve and prevent them Dr Martins offers a heel care package at Martini!